- Looking for novel effects in quantum theory;
- Investigating conceptual issues in, and interpretations of, quantum theory; and
- Developing a deeper understanding of the structure of the theory (both mathematical and conceptual) for its own sake, for the purposes of finding a way to reconstruct the theory from more basic axioms, and for the purpose of going beyond quantum theory.
- Quantum Foundations researchers at Perimeter Institute
- Schrödingers Cat (Slice of PI): This excerpt from the movie The Quantum Tamers presents a unique look at the most famous thought experiment in quantum physics, in which an unfortunate (and purely hypothetical) cat sacrifices its life, yet also doesn’t, for the sake of science
- The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Quantum Physics in Modern Mathematics (Perimeter Public Lecture) - Robbert Dijkgraaf, from the Institute for Advanced Study, argues that nature is an important source of inspiration for mathematics, even of the purest kind
- Quantum weirdness now a matter of time, an article from Quanta Magazine
- Foundations of Quantum Mechanics (Perimeter Scholars International) – Masters-level course by Lucien Hardy