Bridge Games Archive
Here, I document our (with Daniel Gottesman) bridge games at clubs and tournaments. This arXiv is started on May 30, 2011, so the documentation for games prior to this date is likely to be incomplete (but it does include most of the public games we played). Some old external links had already been removed before I decided to "internalize them".
- April 10, 2009 (Friday): 0.64MPs ... off record of ACBL. Toronto 2009 Easter Regional. Event schedule, and Results (PDF).
- September 4, 2009 (Friday): 0.32?MPs. I was able to make my way back to Waterloo by 6pm in order to have dinnner here and play bridge at the local bridge club (the K-W Bridge Studio), and we came 3rd (out of 7 or 8) in the beginners' game!
- September 11, 2009 (Friday): We were needed in the open section to even out the numbers at the bridge club today. We kind of survived in the open game, coming 6th (out of 8) among all N-S pairs, and 3rd (out of 5) among the flight B N-S pairs.
- September 18, 2009 (Friday): 1.79(OA)MPs. We did well in bridge today, coming 1st amongst all N-S pairs in the open section (Club Champianoship today).
- October 14, 2009 (Wednesday): 0.22(B)MPs. We got back to playing bridge at the local bridge club after 3 weeks of hiatus, and we did okay, coming 2nd (out of 6) amongst the flight B pairs, and 5th (out of 10) amongst all pairs in the STaC (open) game.
- January 6, 2010 (Wednesday): 0.56(A)MPs. We played bridge for the first time in the new year, coming 2nd overall (out of 8 pairs) and 1st in flight B (out of 3 pairs) in the open game at club.
- Received the title "Junior Master" from the ACBL.
- April 26, 2009 (Sunday): 1.33MPs. We played in the Brampton Bridge Sectional on Sunday in the 199er Swiss Team event. We sucked in the morning, but did much better and came first (link removed in 2011) in the afternoon, winning us many bridge books to improve our skills with. It was our second tournament and Aninda and Urbasi's first, so we were all very excited and Urbasi took a photo of our winning score sheet.
- November 22, 2009 (Sunday): 1.61(OC)MPs. District event. We competed in the open section of the STaC Swiss Teams bridge event with Aninda and Urbasi today. We did okay (with many mistakes and some good plays), coming 1st (out of 3) among all flight C teams, and 7th (out of 12) among all teams.