Since 2002 Perimeter Institute has been recording seminars, conference talks, and public outreach events using video cameras installed in our lecture theatres. Perimeter now has 7 formal presentation spaces for its many scientific conferences, seminars, workshops and educational outreach activities, all with advanced audio-visual technical capabilities. Recordings of events in these areas are all available On-Demand from this Video Library and on Perimeter Institute Recorded Seminar Archive (PIRSA).
PIRSA is a permanent, free, searchable, and citable archive of recorded seminars from relevant bodies in physics. This resource has been partially modelled after Cornell University's arXiv.org.
We shift our ideas from Newton’s law of gravity to a new set of equations that describe how gravity is a consequence of the curvature of spacetime.
• John Michell and his hypothetical object called a dark star.
• How to determine the mass of a planet required for the escape velocity of an object to be the speed of light.
• Einstein’s Equivalence Principle.
Spacetime tells matter how to move, and matter tells spacetime how to curve.
• Why gravity can be seen as a curvature of spacetime.
• That Einstein’s field equations describe how matter curves spacetime.
• How Sir Arthur Eddington verified Einstein’s theory of general relativity by measuring the change in position of stars during a solar eclipse.