Quantum Error Correction Resources
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list, but a list of my
recommendations for where to learn about quantum error correction
and fault-tolerant quantum computation. Naturally, I tend to prefer
my own explanations.
In approximate order from shortest to longest:
- D. Gottesman, "An Introduction to Quantum Error Correction," in
Quantum Computation: A Grand Mathematical Challenge for the
Twenty-First Century and the Millennium, ed. S. J. Lomonaco, Jr.,
pp. 221-235 (American Mathematical Society, Providence, Rhode Island,
- D. Gottesman, "Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computation,"
- Slides for a Long (4+ hours) tutorial
(by me) on quantum error correction and fault tolerance (Aug. 2007)
- Chapter 10 of Nielsen and Chuang, Quantum Computation and Quantum
- D. Gottesman, "An Introduction to Quantum Error Correction and
Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computation,"
- Chapters 7 and 9 of Preskill's
lecture notes. (No doubt chapter 8 is an excellent resource for
fault-tolerance, but it is not posted.)
- P. Aliferis, D. Gottesman, and J. Preskill, "Quantum accuracy threshold
for concatenated distance-3 codes,"
Information and Computation 6, No. 2, 97-165 (2006),
- D. Gottesman, "Stabilizer Codes and Quantum Error Correction,"
Caltech Ph.D. Thesis (1997),
- Semester course on Quantum Error Correction
(taught Winter 2007 at Perimeter Institute), with video recordings of
all lectures, problem sets, and solution sets.
Back to Daniel Gottesman's home page
April 17, 2009