Leonard Susskind is the Felix Bloch Professor of theoretical physics at Stanford University. Regarded as one of the fathers of string theory, Professor Susskind has also made seminal contributions to particle physics, black hole theory, and cosmology. His current research centres upon questions in theoretical particle physics, gravitational physics and quantum cosmology. Dr. Susskind has been an Associate Member of PI. He has also taken part in two PI Public Lectures, The Black Hole Wars and The Physics of Information.
Past PI Talks:
• “Beyond the Standard (cosmological ) Model”: http://pirsa.org/09090030/
• “Negative Curvature”: http://pirsa.org/07060077/
• “Fast Scrambling”: http://pirsa.org/08030070/
• “The Physics of Information: From Entanglement to Black Holes” (PI Public Lecture) http://pirsa.org/07120048/
• “Black Holes and Holography Mini-course”: http://pirsa.org/C07003
• All of Prof. Susskind’s past PI talks may be viewed here.